A GLIMPSE INTO THE LIVES OF JOHANNA, STEVE & CALEB...

Monday, March 31, 2008

Making A Difference



World Crisis Map


Posted by: Steve

Nope, we haven't gone the way of Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt and adopted a bunch of foreign children...ONE is plenty for us...for now, anyways!

I want to briefly draw your attention to a cause that I'll be supporting in a few weeks. For those of you who don't know, I am a volunteer youth counselor for the high school youth group ("Hi League") at my church. On April 18-19, we'll be taking part in a hunger strike to raise awareness...AND financial support for World Vision's "30-Hour Famine". If you are familiar with the spiritual discipline of fasting...this is NOT that! In short, we'll be trying to empathize with the millions upon millions of starving fellow human beings with whom we inhabit this globe. We will go without food for 30 hours straight and spend the night together at church praying for these people, and at the conclusion of the 30 hours, we'll have breakfast together on Saturday morning.

First and foremost, I'd love it if you'd pray for us as a youth group on April 18-19 as we participate in this event. If you'd take a minute and leave a comment to this blog post to let me know you're praying, that would be awesome. Furthermore, if by chance you'd be interested in sponsoring us with a financial donation, that would be terrific! If so, could you please send me an email to jackpax@gmail.com, and I'll be glad to get you sponsorship info ASAP.

Well, it has definitely been lots of fun so far these first couple of months having this blog for me to dump some of my thoughts on paper...or in this case, a cell phone @ 37,000 feet above earth. And for those of you who are waiting to hear more from my lovely wife...I think that she is warming up to the idea, so once things at home settle down a little more, she might just might be making some appearances.

That's it for now...have a really fabulous day, and thanks for stopping by "The Jack Pack"!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is awesome! I will definitely be praying for y'all and your youth that weekend. I haven't commented before, but I've been praying for you as you adjust to parenthood. Little Caleb is adorable. :) Blessings.

Powered By Blogger